Organisations are generally clear about their sense of purpose- what we are here to do-and will often have a clear vision of the future to guide their development. They may be less confident about:
- The strategies which will make it possible to achieve their future vision
- The policies which will best reflect and support their sense of purpose
At Dearden, we see issues about strategy and policy as having a profound effect on organisational performance in the medium and long term. Get these right, and they will be major enablers. Get them wrong, and they will be a major constraint on the potential of the organisation and its people.
We help our clients to get it right by :
- focussing on good process
- using appropriate tools and techniques
Good process is critical because stakeholder engagement is central to developing strategies and policies which are robust. We will help you work through and design processes which deliver the rich picture needed to inform strategy and policy. We will then facilitate that process for you using our team of highly experienced and skilled consultants.
The tools and techniques we use to support the processes of strategy and policy development include:
Questionnaire design and analysis
Open Space events
We have used these tools and techniques and our expert skills in a wide range of settings since 1989. These have included:
- Developing service and business strategies with Trusts
- Developing future policy on Primary Health Care and Chronic Disease Management with the World Health Organisation
- Developing local strategies for Children and Young People which cross sectoral boundaries, with local government, the NHS and other agencies
- Developing new strategies and policies for clinical leadership development